Distributing films by Arab directors
Welcome to mec film!
mec film is an international distribution and sales company for films by Arab directors.
- The films in the International Catalogue vary in length and genre and can be booked by cinemas, festivals, cultural and educational institutions or social centres. The films all have English subtitles, sometimes we can provide translation in additional languages.
- mec film is serving as agent to the films of renown Syrian film-maker Mohamad Malas. Together with Dunia Film in Damascus we make copies available or connect you to the distributor for your territory.
- The movies in the German Catalogue are distributed in cinemas in Germany and are subtitled in German, they are all feature length.
- Many titles from the catalogue can be watched online in Europe at the mec film channel at our VOD partner sooner and in Arab countries at istikana. Those who prefer to hold a DVD in their hand find most of the titles from this catalogue as well as selected additional films from the Arab World in our DVD-shop.
- Universities can acquire educational rights for all titles, please contact us directly via mail.
In this catalogue you find short and feature length films with English subtitles, sometimes we can provide additional languages. Most films are available in digital formats. more
NEW! FROM CAIRO
Hala Gala's award winning documentary about the lives and resilience of two single women in Cairo.
by Simon Habre. One year after the explosion of Beirut’s port in August 2020 and in the wake of reconstruction, Simon El Habre sets out to explore his city’s urban planning since the end of the Civil War (1975-1990).
mec film is serving as agent to the films of renown Syrian film-maker Mohamad Malas. Together with Dunia Film in Damascus we make copies available or connect you to the distributor for your territory. more
The Cinema of Muhammad Malas. Visions of a Syrian Auteur
This book by Samirah Alkassim and Nezar Andary provides an in-depth and intimate study of the cinema of Muhammad Malas. Archival images run through the chapters of this book which combines insightful interviews with excerpts from Malas’s literary works and critical explorations of his cinematic style and thematic concerns. The book concludes with Malas’s own words, sharing the treatment of his film project Cinema al-Dunya. more
The films in the German Catalogue are licensed for German theatrical and institutional release and have German subtitles. The movies are shown in the regular art-house more
1982 Nineteen Eighty-Two
Oualid Mouaness' multi-award winning feature is selected for the School Cinema Days of the German counties Brandenburg and Hessen in spring 2023.